We consign gowns from both individuals and salons
- Have you experienced how difficult it is to sell your wedding dress online?
- Does the idea of coordinating fittings with random strangers in your home sound awkward and uncomfortable?
- Frustrated with online scammers, or inquiries from non-serious buyers, offering significantly less than what your dress is worth?
- Are you wanting to recoup some of your wedding dress budget, while also freeing-up closet space?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, consider consigning your gown with l’aterlier marla and let us do all the work for you!
What we offer:
- Unlike online bridal consignment sites, we’re able to provide the emotional backdrop and memorable experience of bridal gown shopping with loved ones, in order to effectively sell your dress faster and for top dollar.
- We do all the communicatting, coordinating, marketing, smiling and selling for you!
- Our salon is clean, intimate, upscale, inviting and beautifully decorated...characteristicics more likely to garner a higher selling price.
- When your dress sells, you receive 70% of the selling price (significantly more than the industry standard of 50%) once the transaction is complete.
- We have strict standards that require our guests where gloves, use very limited make-up and fragrances, and we prohibit the consumption of food and beverages in our salon. We handle your gown with the same diligent care and respect as our own handcrafted gowns, and expect the same from our guests.
What you should know:
- We adore bridal gowns, so it is difficult for us to turn down prospective consignments, however, our space is intimate, so it forces us to be very selective about which gowns to choose. Also, to ensure the quality of our inventory, we only take gowns that are in impeccable condition and trending with our brides.
- Based on market research and experience, we strongly suggest that once loved gowns be priced at 40-60% off their original retail price, and never worn or like new, unaltered gowns be priced at 30-40% off their original retail price. Ultimately, you set your price to one that you are most comfortable and we can always reassess the pricing later.
- We cannot guarantee the sale of your dress, but we will work our tailfeathers off to sell your dress in a timely manner and for the best price. It is hard to assess when your dress will be sold, but rest assure that we are putting in our best efforts.
- Once loved gowns need to be dry cleaned and new or like new dresses must be visibly clean. All gowns must be free of stains, tears and rips. We are providing our brides with a luxury and emotional experience, so it is critical that the dresses appear in a condition you would want yourself.
- Despite our best efforts, in the event that your gown doesn't sell, we can extend the contract if there has been strong, steady interest in your gown or you can pick up your dress from our studio. Depending where you are located, we can coordinate a convenient location to return your dress.
Want to sell your gown with us? Please email consign@lateliermarla with the following information:
1. Photos of your dress
2. Dress designer & style name/number of dress
3. The year your dress was purchased
4. Size of the dress
5. Has the dress been *worn and/or altered? If so, what alterations were done to the dress?
6. Purchase price of the dress (not including cost of alterations).
Based on the information provided, we will contact you to set up an appointment to inspect your gown. Should we accept your gown, please read, sign and initial our consignment agreement.
Should we accept your gown, please read, sign and initial our consignment agreement.
* Please have your worn gown professionally dry cleaned and pressed prior to inspection.
Thank you for your interest in consigning with l'atelier marla!